Wednesday, January 9, 2008

New Hampsire Comeback!

Way to go, Hillary Clinton! What an awesome night for Clinton supporters and for America! This night was nothing short of amazing!

As you may already know, the Iowa results drove me slightly mad. I was upset over the defeat the Clinton camp suffered, and so I ranted and raved and bitched for days in between making calls to New Hampsire voters on behalf of Senator Clinton.

Of course, during the course of each day, the news was on TV. Cable news to be exact. Non-stop coverage of Hillary's loss in Iowa, coverage that predicted Obama as the winner in New Hampshire; coverage that was basically making it look like Hillary was toast. Of course, this only motivated me MORE to push for Hillary in New Hampshire, so I did. But, I was worried. Very worried.

The curious thing was the disconnect between the media and the voters in NH that I was speaking to on the phone. Voters were gracious and happy to get my call, happy to share with me that they intended to or already had voted for Senator Clinton. Of course, there were some assholes that hung up on me.

Anyway, I did call other NH volunteers, the ones that were working the GOTV effort to share with them this news that was not being reported on the news. Instead, the media showed Clinton being rejected by Obama supporters in NH. The other volunteers were pleased to hear what I was telling them, that the voters wanted to see a Clinton victory in New Hampshire.

At the end of the day, it looks like the extensive coverage that was hostile to Hillary helped her, the people were pissed that was media was prematurely calling it for Obama. What can I say but thank you, New Hampsire. Thank you!

No comments: